Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Victoria, British Columbia

We spent most of Friday out at sea as we waited to get to Victoria. It was a pretty relaxed and laid-back day. A lot of the day was spent relaxing on the Lido Deck again.

We didn't get to Victoria until 6:00. Katie, Jennifer, and I watched the docking process from our veranda, and Katie was so excited about everything. She kept shouting out, "Look! Look!" She really liked any light she saw and seeing a forklift in action. She likes singing, "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed," but that day it became, "Five Little Forklifts Jumping on the Bed!"

Everyone but my dad went on a two-hour bus tour through Victoria. Maybe we were just tired, but none of us were very impressed with our tour. Our driver didn't share very much information about Victoria with us at all. It made us miss our tour driver in Juneau terribly. Katie's most exciting part of the tour was when she saw some dogs. I think it made her think of Chloe. She made sure everyone around her knew there were dogs out the window. When the tour was silent (as it often was), Katie sometimes entertained us with, "The Wheels on the Bus."

The city of Victoria looked really nice. If we were to do it all over again, we probably would have just walked into town on our own and skipped the tour, but now we can laugh about the tour.

I was sitting on the Lido Deck when I heard, "Ding, ding, ding!" I covered my ears in case there was another fire drill.

Look! Look! I see a light!

Are you watching that forklift, Aunt Jennifer?

I'm excited to be on a bus!

Our bus driver stopped on top of a mountain. This was one side of Victoria.

This was another side.

I was pretty happy to see dogs!

We got off the bus in town for ten minutes. My mom helped me take a picture of the dog statue.

Aunt Jennifer is standing in front of The Empress Hotel. We found out it was built on tree stumps that have since become petrified.

I liked listening to this man play bag pipes.

My mom and I are standing in front of a government building - we think. Our tour guide never told us what it was for sure.

By the time we got back, our ship was all lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment