Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Playing with Everyday Objects

As much as Katie likes her toys, I think she gets the most joy out of things she just finds around the house. She has a really good imagination, and she can instantly transform an everyday object into something magical in her mind.

She loves to use kitchen utensils and go on an imaginary ant hunt around the house. She finds "ants" in the rugs, digs them up, and puts them in an ant trap. Her ant digger is a wooden spoon, and her ant trap is a corn on the cob butter spreader. Katie really doesn't like real ants, so I think it's funny she spends so much time trapping imaginary ones!

Katie also likes to be the coach for ball games. She uses a USB flash drive for her whistle, and an extra garage door opener for a stopwatch. I hope she always has such a good imagination!

I still love my berry colander! It makes a great hat.

I also like laundry day because I get to sit in the basket! It becomes my train or my car.

I can shove my colored pencils in the furniture, and I magically have a car with gears that will go anywhere.

I keep finding uses for my Easter basket. It's a good hat, or a good container when I'm picking imaginary fruit.

I'm not cold…I'm Super Katie! My blanket easily becomes a cape or a picnic blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment