Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Celebrating Kai's Birthday

Kai celebrated his first birthday while we were on our cruise, so Jennifer took Katie over to Kathy's house when we got back, so Katie and Kai could have a little mini-celebration together. Katie was thrilled to get a gift bag when she left and was able to commiserate with Kai over birthday parties at age one.

I'm ready to party!

Let's catch up. I haven't seen you for awhile!

You're looking pretty grown-up, Kai.

I like this new toy you got.

Your teepee is pretty great, too!

It's easy to keep busy with all of your toys. It's nice of you to share with me!

Uh-oh! I remember what used to happen when people put hats on me when I was one.

Yep, that's what happened.

Don't worry, Kai. I'll hold your hat for you.

I felt the same way about parties when I was your age. Before you know it, you'll be dreaming of them all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment