Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Lost Treasure

After making our Shoo-Fly Pie, I got Katie ready for bed. As we were headed upstairs, I told her to get Winnie the Pooh, and that's when our adventure began. Winnie the Pooh was missing!

Katie and I retraced our steps through the house from earlier in the evening, but her beloved bear was still missing. I remembered she had taken him to the grocery store when we went shopping for pie ingredients, and I wondered if he could have been left in the cart. I called my mom to check her car. When he wasn't there, she offered to go back to the store to see if anyone had turned him in to the help desk.

Just before she left, I remembered that I had taken a picture of Katie after going to the store, and I saw that Winnie the Pooh was with her. The only other place we had been was on our neighborhood walk. Jennifer offered to go out and walk our path again to see if she saw him. As she was leaving, she met my mom in the car, and they drove the path. Luckily, Jennifer spotted him in the road. He was dirty and a little wet, but Katie didn't care.

As soon as Jennifer brought him home, Katie grabbed him and wouldn't let him go. I tried to get her to let me give Winnie the Pooh a bath, but she wouldn't let go for anything. It was a full three days before I finally got to wash her dirty bear, but he's clean now.

After Aunt Jennifer brought Winnie the Pooh home, I wrapped him up in a towel, so he would warm up. Aunt Jennifer was my hero that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment