Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween, 2013

This year Katie's Halloween followed a very similar routine to her previous Halloweens. In the early afternoon, she delivered some goody bags to my students at school. She always has fun being with "the kids," and she felt grown up handing out her bags.

Then in the evening, Garyldine came over and took Katie trick-or-treating with my mom. Katie got to visit Garyldine's friends, and then she went to some other houses in the same neighborhood.  Katie was pretty brave about trick-or-treating. Garyldine told me that she was happy to run to the doors by herself, ring the doorbell, and say "Trick or Treat!" and "Thank you!"

I had wondered what Katie would end up wearing this year. Every time I found a costume and showed her, she let me know that she didn't want to wear it. I decided not to buy her anything new, and I was going to let her choose between her stand-by flower costume, a ballet outfit, or her butterfly costume that her Aunt Debby sent her. I wasn't going to worry anymore about a costume.

Then, the night before Halloween, Katie was in the bath and blurted out, "I want to be a fish on Halloween!" I just looked at her and smiled and pretended like it was a great idea, while understanding that I had no idea where to buy a fish costume. I counted on a three-year old being fickle about ideas and forgetting the fish one!

Luckily when Halloween came, Katie chose to wear her butterfly costume. At first she didn't want to wear the wings, but she changed her mind about that too and became a complete, pink butterfly.

When Katie got home from trick-or-treating, she proudly showed everyone all of her treats from the night. It was a lot of fun for her!

Gaga was nice and combed my hair before we left to go trick-or-treating. 

I decided to wear my pretty butterfly wings. 

I really like Garyldine's friends, Jason and Nadia, but I think I like their baby best! 

I think Ella is a very cute baby. 

I helped Jason pass out candy while I was there. 

I'm ready to go trick-or-treating. 

Thank you for my candy! 

I'm home! My pumpkin has so much in it! 

Chloe, I got a whole gift bag from Jason and Nadia! 

I decided to try a few M&Ms. 

One of my favorite "treats" was the recorder in my gift bag. I could make it whistle right away! 

I just love looking at my collection. 

My gift bag had bracelets and a wand that I had fun playing with all night! Who cares about the candy? Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment