Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving, 2013!

Another Thanksgiving has come and almost gone! Katie was pretty excited for Thanksgiving this year. I don't think she understood what the day was about, but she knew there were people coming for dinner, and that was enough for her.

On Thanksgiving Eve, Katie was happy because we were doing some cooking. She got to help stir the pumpkin pie and was really excited to help Grandma roll the crust. When we got done with the big pies, we let Katie make her own little pie, or "baby pie" as she called it. We didn't have a small pie plate, so we just made do.

Later in the night, Katie watched me as I cut up the vegetables for the stuffing. When I shredded the carrots, she ate a carrot. When I diced the celery, she ate a celery stalk. When I diced the onions, yes, she ate onions. Her first reaction to eating onions was to stick out her tongue. Then she decided to eat three or four more. Yum!

On Thanksgiving, Katie had lots of energy. She played all morning, skipped her nap, and waited for dinner.  My parents, Garyldine, Jim, and my Aunt Jody joined us for dinner. At dinner time, Katie ate vegetables from the vegetable tray. I got her a small dessert plate with Thanksgiving food on it, but it was left untouched. She did enjoy her baby pumpkin pie though.

After dinner, Katie finally fell asleep for a very late nap. She had a good day!

I liked watching the pumpkin pie filling change colors as we added ingredients. 

I wasn't sure I wanted to get my hands dirty in the flour, but I went for it. 

This rolling pin is a lot heavier than my Play-Doh rolling pin! 

My baby pie is ready to bake!

Thanksgiving, 2011 - Aunt Jennifer thought it would be funny to stick me in this pot on Thanksgiving Eve. 

Thanksgiving, 2012 - My mom and aunt didn't think I'd still fit in the pot a year later, but I did, and it was fun!

Thanksgiving, 2013 - I still fit!

This was my plate when I started dinner. 

This was my plate when I got done with dinner. 

While my mom cleaned up, I took pictures with her camera. I see you Garyldine! 

Grandpa enjoyed some TV after dinner while Garyldine and Jim played with my toy trains.

Grandma, Garyldine, and Aunt Jody had to get a picture before the party officially ended. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment