Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day, 2014!

Mother's Day is a pretty relaxed holiday at our house. We followed our Mother's Day tradition and planted flowers at our house. It gives everyone a present that lasts throughout the summer!

Katie was very excited to finally go shopping for flowers. Throughout the winter, she has really missed having flowers outside.

Katie loved helping with the planting. It was too hard for her to dig the holes for our flowers since our soil isn't exactly soft, so she would wait for me to dig the holes and then she would put more soil around the flowers.

When we finally got done planting, she knew she had to give the flowers a drink with the watering can she had gotten for Valentine's Day. She felt very grown up!

After waiting through the whole winter, I was ready to plant my flowers!

The flowers loved when I put soil on top of them!

For someone who doesn't like to get dirty, I kind of had fun digging in the dirt.

My new watering can was perfect!

Sometimes the watering can felt heavy, but I stuck it out.

I decided that the soil was thirsty too.

That was a lot of work!

Do you see my flowers?

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment