Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Chinese New Year Activitiess

Next we headed over the the section of the park that was decorated for Chinese New Year. One part of it was set aside for activities. Katie decided to check them out and took part in all of the activities except for Chinese calligraphy. That line was a little too long for her liking.

I got this coloring sheet from the people working at the booths. It had Pluto on it because it's the Year of the Dog.

I tried to add plenty of color! 

After I was done coloring, I took my picture to these people. After teaching me how to say "Happy New Year" in Chinese, they folded my paper, and... 

...cut my paper, and... 

...turned it into a Chinese lantern! 

I loved it! 

Afterward, I got one of these Mickey-shaped tags. 

I was able to write a wish on the back for the New Year. 

Then I got to tie my wish onto the wishing wall. 

My wish was that I could have a play date with Kai! 

No comments:

Post a Comment