Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Morning Surprise

As I wandered out into the garage one morning, I happened to look down and see a big dust bunny in the middle of the floor. I didn't think much of it. With a dog as furry as Chloe is, we see a lot of large dust bunnies in the garage. Then the dust bunny moved and moved some more. As I took a closer look, I saw that it was a lizard that was trapped inside the dust bunny. I shouted inside the house to let my sister and Katie know about it.

Jennifer thought we'd be able to spray the lizard clean and get it out into the yard. She sprayed the lizard, and it just became a wet furry lizard. We got it moved onto the driveway and saw that the poor thing was completely tangled in hair. With the help of q-tips and scissors, Jennifer got the lizard clean and released him into the yard. It was so good to see him moving again.

My mom wasn't sure what to do with a hairy lizard, but Aunt Jennifer was full of ideas. 

I wasn't sure I liked the lizard until I learned his name was Larry. 

Aunt Jennifer had to be careful as she worked to remove the hair. Larry sat very still for her! 

He looked a lot better when she was finished!

It took awhile to save the lizard!

He was so happy to be free again!

No comments:

Post a Comment