Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Katie's Birthday Fun

I can't believe that Katie is already four years old! She was so excited for her birthday. According to Katie, now that she has turned four... "I'm all grewed up!"

For her celebration, we met Garyldine and Aunt Jody for a picnic. We planned on going to a pretty park close to where we lived, but there were no picnic tables available. We did the next best thing and went to our neighborhood park where we found an empty table. Katie enjoyed lunch, presents, and cake before we went home where she continued to enjoy her presents!

I started my day by reading my cards from Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe!

I loved the cupcakes! I kept rubbing my stomach and saying, "Yummy cupcakes!"

They also sent me a card to celebrate starting pre-school. I really liked the animals on the card!

Aunt Jennifer let me get a balloon when we went to pick up my birthday cake. In case I haven't said it enough, I love Elsa!

I was awfully excited about my Rapunzel cake! When I saw it had my name on it, it got even better!

Grandma and I were glad to find a picnic table even if it was in the bright sun.

I chose noodles for lunch, but I loved my blueberries most!

Time for presents! Thanks for the castle Legos, Aunt Debby!

She also got me a hopper! It looked like fun!

Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe sent me a Frozen doll set and a Frozen book. How did they know I liked that movie?

Aunt Jennifer got me a Frozen doll too! I loved them all!

I got a fishing game too! Thank you, Garyldine!

Garyldine and I like to wear matching shoes on important occasions.

I was excited when I saw a new Barbie!

My mom got me a bath toy set that I've been dreaming of for awhile!

After presents, we were going to have cake, but we couldn't find the candles.
While Aunt Jennifer went to get candles, my mom and I played on the play structure.

Just in case you forgot, I'm four years old now!

Am I old enough for my driver's license yet?

After playing on the equipment, I decided to play with my bath toys in my box.
Garyldine decided to play in my castle tent that Grandma and Grandpa got me.

The candles arrived, but every time we lit them, the wind blew them out before I could. We were all surrounding the cake trying to block the wind, but it was a hard task!

I finally blew out all four candles!

My mom gave me the cake piece with Rapunzel. It was the first year I ate my birthday cake.

When I got home I decided to build my Lego castle.

Then I decided to try on my new tutu and dance with Barbie.

After that, Barbie and Ken got married.

My mom and Aunt Jennifer built the castle tent, and I loved it!

It even has windows to look out!

Aunt Jennifer likes the windows too.

My mom liked playing in it with me.

We went fishing, and I caught a fish!

When I finally decided to take a nap, Bingle moved into my castle.
Thank you for my presents, everybody! You made my day very happy!

Trying to Master the Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment