Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

My "Echo!"

When we went to the fair this year, there was a tent for Geico Insurance. My mom and sister went to the tent to answer a few questions and received a prize for their time. My mom's prize was a little Geiko gecko stuffed animal. She gave it to Katie, and it became one of her new favorite toys.

When we were first talking to her about it, she started to call it her "echo" since she had misunderstood "gecko." Once she heard the difference, she thought it was funny to call it "Echo," so it continued.

As I was making dinner one night, Katie came running to me in tears. "My echo! My echo! Chloe got it!"  I went in the living room to look, and Chloe had indeed gotten the gecko and had done her favorite thing with stuffed animals. She chewed out the eyeballs! Katie was very, very sad. She had a talking-to with Chloe, and she told me to as well. That night, she sadly explained to Barbie what Chloe had done with her gecko. "It made me cry. I'm so sad."

Meanwhile, Garyldine was in Idaho and was going to a fair there. I texted her to ask her to look for a Geico tent. There was no tent, so without me knowing it, Garyldine contacted our local Geico representatives to ask if there was any way to get a replacement. She contacted the right agent because he was willing to go into their storage and find not just one new gecko, but two and a pair of sunglasses. There are a lot of nice people in this world.

I was so, so sad when I saw what Chloe did to my Echo. 

He just didn't look right anymore. 

When we went to get the replacements, I was a little shy, but I have since told my mom over and over about the "nice man" that found the new geckos for me! 

My new geckos like to dance together. 

They're both very friendly! 

I discovered they fit in my Barbie camper front. 

They're pretty good drivers. 

It makes me so happy that they have eyes! 

They also like to go on wagon rides with me. 

When I don't have them, I keep them up high so Chloe can't reach them!

It's also nice to have a green pair of sunglasses in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment