Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Katie's Giving Nature

I celebrated my birthday a few days before Katie's birthday. This year for my birthday, I was in meetings for a good part of the day, and I had Open House the evening of my birthday. One of my favorite gifts I received that day was a video Jennifer sent me of Katie sing "Happy Birthday" to me. It was so nice to hear her singing voice in the middle of a very busy day.

When I got home, I had two more presents from her. First, she gave me a little Barbie that she had wrapped up for me with lots and lots of tape. She looks for my Barbie every night, so I have to have it in clear view. Currently, it's next to my TV and really adds that special touch to my room.

The other present I got from her was a good laugh. I looked over at her in the evening, and she had pulled her shorts halfway down her thighs. I asked what she was doing, and she laughed and said, "I'm a penguin!" and started laughing. For anyone who has watched Mary Poppins, you might remember Bert stretching his pants down to dance like a penguin - which was her inspiration. If you've never seen the movie, you can view the scene by clicking here.

Happy Birthday to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment