Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Day of Pre-School

Yesterday was Katie's first day of pre-school. Unfortunately, it was also my first day with students, so I wasn't able to take her. My mom and sister were nice enough to take her for me. My thoughts were with her all morning as I hoped for the best!

From what I was told, Katie was very comfortable being left at school. After getting help to put her things where they belonged, she waved and said good-bye. Since her birthday was the day before school started, she took a fruit tray to share at school to celebrate. It gave her something to be excited about right off!

When my mom and Jennifer went to pick her up, Katie was reading a book with one of her two new friends. The teacher shared that Katie made it through the day with no tears. Katie shared stories of new friends and the playground. Good job, Katie!

Lately, I love to make this silly face when I'm posing. 

When I got to school, I may have been a little bit nervous, but isn't everybody? 

After a few more steps, I was ready to learn, make friends, and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment