Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Holiday Dance Perfomance

Katie had her holiday dance performance the week before Christmas. It's a pretty low key performance. Friends and family are invited to sit in the studio for a short dance class, and at the end, the class performs a short dance that they've practiced together. Then the kids get treats after the class. Katie loves it!

While I waited for my class to begin, I was very serious!

Once it began, I was ready to smile!

My class starts with warm-up exercises.

We got to stretch our legs...

…by reaching for our toes.

We also practice our ballet arm positions.

We've learned a lot of them this year.

After warm-ups, we do our barre work.

When I do my plies, it's hard for my mom to get a picture of my face.

We have to make sure we have the correct foot position.

This is my favorite pose.

 I like to do this, but it's hard to keep our balance!

We practice a lot at the barre!

Some of our work is done in front of the barre.

I love doing floor work, but there's a lot to remember!

This was our Christmas dance.

I have fun dancing with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment