Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Still a Friend

Last weekend was so exciting for all of us! We went to get the mail, and we found an envelope for Katie from the office of Jimmy Carter! It was so nice for Katie to get a return letter after she had written to President Carter. As nice as that was, we were absolutely amazed when we read the letter to find that it wasn't a form letter. It was personalized in response to her letter. Katie was thrilled!

Katie's original letter (as posted here) had a picture of her on the day of the book signing and had said,

Dear President Carter,

I am five years old. I love presidents and princesses! I have 3 dogs named Bailey, Sophie, and Sadie! I met you when you came to sign books. Do you remember me? What did you like about being president? Do you want to come to my house and play with my puppies?

Your friend,
Katie

 I was so happy when I heard President Carter had sent me something!

I couldn't wait to open the envelope!

I loved reading his letter to me!

 I couldn't believe what I was holding!

 Plus I got a picture!

Here was my letter, and... 

…here's a close-up of the picture!

I'm so glad we're friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment