Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Merry Christmas, 2015!

Our Christmas was really nice this year. Katie was so excited to wake up and get downstairs to see what Santa had left for her. She received some Frozen toys as well as a My Little Pony castle, and she loved them all.

After playing with her new toys for awhile, it was a present-opening party. Katie enjoyed opening each and every gift that she received. The funniest gift she got was from Aunt Jennifer. Jennifer knew Katie got a lot of toys, so she got Katie an electric toothbrush. The look on her face when she found out she was holding a toothbrush was priceless! We all knew exactly what she was thinking, but even though her face showed a different picture, she made sure to thank Jennifer for the gift. Later, when Katie was doing Face Time with her friend, Kai, we told Katie to tell him about her toothbrush. Again, her face didn't look all too excited, but she calmly said, "It was amazing." I have no doubt that she really will think it's amazing when she starts using it!

After Katie opened her presents, she helped the rest of us open our presents. She just liked to be part of the process.

For the rest of the day, Katie went back and forth between all of her new toys, enjoying them all. It was fun!

I was so happy when I got downstairs and saw that Santa had come! 

I loved my Frozen toys! 

Later I found the castle for My Little Pony dolls! 

One of the first gifts I opened was the toothbrush Aunt Jennifer gave me. I made sure to thank her even though my face said it wasn't the most exciting gift I got. Everyone else thought it was funny for some reason.

Grandma and Grandpa got me a doll with her own closet! 

I was glad to get two new sketchbooks for my letters and artwork! 

Aunt Debby sent me some Frozen dolls that fit in perfectly with my Santa Claus gifts! 

She also sent me a sticker book and... 

…a new game! 

I was happy to get a new book. 

Then I opened up the next books in my favorite series of chapter books…The Never Girls

When I thought I was done opening gifts, I found one last gift from Santa under the tree. It was a unicorn that came in its own sparkly purse! 

When I got dressed, I decided to match my new doll that Grandma and Grandpa got me. 

Then I played dress up with her. 

I loved that she had an Elsa costume too! 

She can also be a ballerina like me! 

Before I went to bed, I played with my mom's new humidifier that lights up!
Thanks for all of my gifts everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment