Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Putting Up the Christmas Tree

While I took Katie to go see Santa's reindeer, my sister, Jennifer, started to put up the Christmas tree. Katie was so excited to get home and see the lit up tree.

In the past, Jennifer has always decorated the whole tree while Katie was out of the house, so she would come home to a decorated house. This was the first year that Katie was able to be part of the decorating. She loved opening up all of the ornaments and finding the perfect places for them on the tree.

I got to choose all of the ornaments that went on the tree! 

Whenever I needed a break, I liked sitting on the tree box and watching everyone else work. 

At the end, we added cardinals and doves. I added more birds than have ever been added before, and with each bird I put on, I would say, "Tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet,…" all the way from where the birds were stored to where the birds landed on the tree. That's a lot of tweeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment