Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, September 7, 2012

While the Cat's Away, The Mice Will Play!

Last week, I had an Open House at school to meet my new students and their parents. It was a long day without Katie. I left her early in the morning and didn't get home until around 7:00. I felt guilty until I started getting updates about Katie's day and learning that she was having a lot of fun without me. Jennifer and my mom created a slide for Katie out of our living room furniture, and Katie was a very happy girl!

Do you think I should try this slide? 

Okay, here I come! 

Hi, Chloe! Do you want to try my slide? 

That was so much fun that I'm going to do it again! 

Yippee!  Aunt Jennifer and Grandma have great ideas! 

Soft Landing 

I better go one last time for luck!


From what I was told later, Katie slid down the slide one time and ended up falling into the pillows onto her face. Jennifer and my mom both laughed at it. When Katie heard them laugh, she started laughing too and decided that she liked making people laugh. After that, Katie had some more practice on the slide - each practice run ending with a very dramatic fall on her face.

Some of Katie's Very Natural and Dramatic Falls


No comments:

Post a Comment