Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Gotcha Day Gifts

To celebrate "Gotcha Day," Katie was lucky enough to get some gifts. First, she received a package from Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe in the mail. She was thrilled to open it and find some books and a card. So far her favorite new book is My Farm Friends. Although it doesn't contain the song, "Old MacDonald," it makes her think of the song. She often pulls the lever on her See N Say until it starts singing, "Old MacDonald." Then she listens for the animal's name in the song, goes running to her new book, finds the animal quickly and sings the song with the See N Say. It's fun to watch her!

Later in the day, Garyldine gave Katie her first laptop computer. It was the same as the computer that her friend, Elijah, got on his birthday.  She's not quite sure what she's doing with it yet, but she has had fun pushing the buttons, watching the screen change, and singing along with the music on it.

I gave her some small gifts. When she gets older, I have some gifts for her that I purchased while I was in China. For now though, I just give her a couple of toys until she is old enough to appreciate the gifts from China. This past Christmas, she received a Word World block set. She loves to play with it, so I got her two more animals that are add-ons to the set.

I always take time to read my cards! 

I love these hippos! 

Wow! Look at this book! 

A farm! It reminds me of Old MacDonald. 

Look at all of these animals! 

I could read this all day long. 

This computer makes me feel pretty grown-up. 

Word World! I love these blocks. 

My duck is all put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment