Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Visiting Uncle Bill and Aunt Carmen

We took our annual trip to Idaho for Memorial Day this year. My mom took Katie one day ahead of me. They stopped an my uncle and aunt's house for the night. My cousins and their kids met them for dinner, and Katie was in seventh heaven.

Uncle Bill quickly became Katie's hero when he showed her the pond in the back of the house and let her throw rocks and feed the fish in the pond. She is still talking about feeding the fish.

Katie also had fun playing with her little cousins. She had new toys to play with at the house and new people to enjoy them with.

As we were going home after our trip, we passed the turn off to Uncle Bill's house, and we must have said something about him. Katie started saying, "Uncle Bill! Uncle Bill! Uncle Bill!" I think she would have gone back to his house in an instant!

Uncle Bill let me throw rocks in his pond. 

Did you see how far that one went? 

My cousins, Angie and Lincoln, have kids about my age!
We had fun playing together! 

I just love you, Uncle Bill! 

I'm getting better at this rock-throwing business. 

 Thanks for letting me play at your pond!

Look! I found a new dog to play with! 

I had fun looking out the window with Uncle Bill.
I sure liked playing out there!

Yoda liked to be petted. 

Yoda's a nice dog like Chloe! 

Thanks for playing with me, Uncle Bill! 

Aunt Carmen deserves a special thank you for giving me a bath in this tub!

I slept really good after all of my fun!

When my mom and Aunt Jennifer came the next day,
Uncle Bill let me show them how to feed the fish.

Enjoy the food, goldfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment