Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mine! Mine!

Katie has loved announcing lately when something is hers. She says, "Mine!" as she grabs whatever it is that is hers, hugs it tightly, and turns away from everyone else to make her point.

Earlier in the week, my mom and Garyldine took Katie to a birthday party. The birthday boy, Elijah, was the son of one of Garyldine's friends. Katie liked Elijah a lot. However, when Elijah opened his new computer from Garyldine, the battle began. Katie had a hard time realizing that the computer didn't belong to her and both kids shouted, "Mine!" over and over again. (As I heard this story, all I could think of was Finding Nemo and wondered if they sounded like the seagulls in the movie.)

Eventually, they shared together, and Katie really liked her new friend a lot. She left with a fun balloon, and when she got home, she proudly announced to me that it was her balloon. "Mine!"

I guess I can sit next to you and share. 

You're a pretty nice friend, Elijah! 

Look at this balloon I got! Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment