Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Walk in the Ice

The day after we had freezing rain, we had decided to stay in our house while our fingers were crossed that the ice would melt quickly. However, we soon felt housebound and wanted to get out. Jennifer and I each had a pair of Yaktrax to help us from sliding in the snow. We decided we could wear those out and each hold one of Katie's hands to keep her upright.

As we put the Yaktrax on, Katie looked at them, and she thought they looked like Tigger's tail. Well after that, she wanted them on her feet. "I want Tigger tails! I want Tigger tails!"

We finally got Katie to understand that our "Tigger tails" were too big for her feet. We got outside and each took one of Katie's hands, and she experienced sliding. Our feet walked. Hers slid.

We took a break on our slippery walk. I stood in the snow-covered bark at the side of the road. I dug a hole with my feet, so I wouldn't slide!

I still want to wear the Tigger tails!

No comments:

Post a Comment