Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day, 2014

For Valentine's Day, Katie made Valentines for my students once again. Aunt Jennifer surprised Katie with her boxes of cards, and Katie was more than thrilled to have a Little Mermaid theme on the cards. I helped Katie with the writing, but Katie put the stickers on them to keep them folded.

I didn't have school on Valentine's Day, so Katie delivered her Valentines on Thursday. She stayed at school long enough to visit some friends, build with pattern blocks, and have a few treats that were given to her.

Katie also received her own Valentine in the mail from my friends, Noreen and Joe. Katie was so happy to open the card and find some stickers as well.

On Valentine's Day, I took Katie shopping for awhile and let her choose some presents for my mom and sister to celebrate. First, she chose to get Jennifer a box of Peppermint Patties - a gift I knew she'd like. Then, she chose to get my mom a toilet brush - a gift I knew she'd like too. She was so proud to find my mom with the toilet brush in her arms and shout out, "Happy Valentine's Day!"

Later that night, there was a knock on the door. Katie helped me answer the door. She looked down to find a red watering can filled with chocolate. It was the perfect way to end the day! (Thank you, Garyldine!)

I had fun in my mom's classroom building objects with pattern blocks.

After my hard work, I decided to rest.

I think I know who sent me this envelope!

What a great card!

I love my stickers!

I got a Valentine on the doorstep! 

Thank you for my gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment