Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Three Years Ago

Three years ago today I received my referral for Katie. Although the calendar proves that time has passed, the memories still seem very clear. I had been waiting for about five years for a referral, so in a way, notice of a referral seemed unreal. I read the email from my adoption agency repeatedly. I knew from the email that I had a referral and I should be expecting a call with details. I had a feeling of nervousness as I waited for my phone call with still so many unknowns waiting to be heard. Excitement overruled any other emotion though. She was definitely worth the wait and a perfect match!

Referral Picture - February 2011

February 2012

February 2013

February 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment