Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lots of Snow!

By late last week, we knew we were going to have some snow that stuck to the ground. On Thursday, I got out of school early for the storm. By the time I got home around 1:00, Katie was running all over the house so excited for snow. Ever since we went to Leavenworth in December, Katie has been checking the weather out the window to see if there is any snow to go sledding again. Every day, she would find the same thing...no snow. Sometimes she'd just go on to her next activity. Sometimes she'd sit on the floor in a pretend sled with pretend snow and scoot across the floor. You can imagine how thrilled she was to look out the window and see a good amount of snow flying through the air.

I finally got her calmed down enough to take a nap. When she woke up, we reminded her that it was snowing. Back to the window she went, and this time, she found magic.

It wasn't long before she got to go out in the freezing cold wind and snow and explore. Her happiness far outweighed any coldness!

It's everything I've been dreaming of! 

These were my first steps out in the snow. 

I tried to make a snowball. 

The snow was powdery, so I just threw handfuls of loose snow. 

This never happens at home. I wanted to take it all in. 

When the wind came up, it was freezing! 

My mom found the sled we bought in Leavenworth. 

I didn't go downhill, but my mom pulled me around the street. I loved it! 

I always like to catch some snowflakes on my tongue! 

Chloe loved the snow as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment