Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Doorstep Surprise

One evening, we left out our front door with Katie, and we found a surprise on our doorstep. It was a metal box with Ariel on it. As we looked closer, we found it was a make-up kit. We pretty easily assumed it was a gift for Katie, but there was no sign of who put the gift there.

As a little background, Katie has had a big wish lately. She wants a make-up table. Her wish was very confusing to me. No one puts very much value on make-up in my family. We're pretty much minimalists when it comes to make-up. She doesn't watch TV with people applying make-up at a make-up table. I wasn't sure where her wish came from.

I kept trying to figure it out. Then I saw at the beginning of Mary Poppins, Mary Poppins is sitting on her cloud and fixing her make-up in a small mirror. Was that it? Then when I took her to dancing, I saw the girls getting ready to stretch. To help the students understand that they need to bend their top half towards their bottom half to stretch, Katie's teacher describes the stretch as, "Let's kiss our feet!" This week, I noticed that they put a pretend mirror in front of their face and apply pretend lipstick before they "kiss their feet." Was that it?

There is one person that I can think of who is around Katie who loves make-up and all things girly, and that's Garyldine. It was Garyldine who was excited to hear about Katie's wish for a make-up table. So when I saw the make-up kit on our doorstep, right away I thought it was Garyldine who left it. She swears she didn't leave it though. We checked with a few other friends who may have left it, but no one is taking outright responsibility. So, we'll just thank the mystery person who left an Ariel make-up kit on the door step. As you might imagine, Katie loved it!

Look what I found on the doorstep! 

I found my mirror, and my mom showed me how to use the tube of lip gloss. 

What's next? 

I found some lip gloss that I can put on with my finger. 

For the first time in my life, I wanted my fingernails painted. 

It's just like painting a picture! 

I was trying to show everyone my shiny lips and fingernails! 

This is a fun surprise! 

After I put on my pajamas, I tried on the Ariel clip that was in my box. I told my mom that I was a mermaid, and "All mermaids wear clips! It helps them swim!" 

I didn't think I had enough lip gloss, so I added more. 

It was so much fun! 

I guess it's time for more lip gloss. 

My mom wasn't sure what this make-up was, so I just put it on my lips too!

I'm a mermaid! 

I'm Ariel! 

Life is glamourous!

No comments:

Post a Comment