Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Picking Up Grandma at the Airport

Katie was so excited to pick up her grandma from the airport. She knew she was going to Garyldine's, coming home, having dinner, taking a bath, and then it would be time to go to the airport. Since my mom wasn't getting in until 8:30, I had decided that I would just take Katie to the airport in her pajamas. As she was sitting in the bathtub, she let her wishes be known.

"I want something special and sparkly for Gaga! I want my princess dress!"

I tried hard, but I couldn't convince Katie that it would be fun to wear pajamas. Anyone who knows me well knows that I don't like to bring attention to myself, but the joy of being three is that you don't have to consider what others might think of your clothing choice!

I decided to let her wear her costume since she wanted to look special for Grandma, so off I went to get her dressed. "I need my glass slippers too!" "I need my flowers!" "I need my veil!" (She forgot the veil at home but got everything else on.) She didn't want to wear her coat over her gown, but I convinced her to wear a sweater by calling it a "princess sweater."

Off we went to the airport with an excited Katie in tow. If you ever visit the same airport, you just may see signs of the trail of gold glitter we left in our wake! The hardest part for Katie was waiting for the plane to get in. "Let's just go find her!" She waited though, and she was so happy when Gaga noticed her beautiful dress.

As we waited for the luggage to come, some ladies from Texas were waiting too, and she got the Texas Stamp of Approval. I guess she knows how to choose clothes!

This is the crazy outfit my mom was going to take me to the airport in! 

This outfit was much more special and sparkly! 

I was so excited in the elevator. It was almost time to see Gaga again! 

Welcome home, Gaga!

No comments:

Post a Comment