Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Coloring Our Easter Eggs

On Friday, Garyldine and Aunt Jody brought pizza over for dinner. After dinner, it was time to color eggs.  Jennifer, Garyldine, and I took turns helping Katie with the egg dye. This year, all of us remembered that it's smart to wear black when we color eggs with Katie. Splashing dye doesn't stain our shirts when they're black!

I practiced counting to 18 as I put the eggs in the pan. I'm really good at counting to 20 as long as you don't count 13. Who needs 13 anyway? 

Garyldine was really excited about the cardboard cut-outs that came with the dye. 

I put the eggs in the cup while Aunt Jennifer was trying to figure out the dye tablets. 

The eggs came out and the tablets and vinegar went in, and we waited,... 

…and we waited,... 

…and we waited for the tablets to dissolve. 

While we waited, I practiced picking up the eggs with the egg gripper and cracked one of the eggs. 

The tablets finally dissolved, and I helped add the water.

My mom helped me put the eggs in the full cups of dye. 

I had my tool ready to help, but... 

…we had to wait some more! 

I told Garyldine I wanted pictures with her while we waited. 

I helped get the eggs out after they were ready. 

Coloring eggs is fun! 

It was Garyldine's turn to help me. 

Then Aunt Jennifer let me put stickers on the eggs. 

While we were waiting for the last batch of eggs, Garyldine begged me to race around the kitchen with her. I didn't want to disappoint her, so I joined in!

We were almost done with the eggs. 

You have to be patient with this process! 

This is called teamwork! 

I think our Easter eggs look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment