Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter, 2014!

We had a good Easter this year! The Easter bunny dropped off one early present for Katie the night before Easter. Katie was so happy to finally have a real cradle for her baby, and she was even happier that the cradle rocked! After getting an early present, Katie was very excited for the real visit. As she was lying in bed Saturday night, I kept hearing, "Is the Easter bunny here yet? Is the Easter bunny at my door? Is it morning?"

The next morning, he had come with Katie's Easter basket. Before Katie went to find it, she took off her adored Ariel robe because, "The Easter bunny will love my sheeps!" When she walked downstairs to see if there was a gift, she got most excited about finding eggs hidden around the house. Her Easter basket waited while she found all the eggs and had Aunt Jennifer open them. She couldn't believe it when we let her eat a piece of chocolate first thing in the morning, and that sugar hit her system fast. She was a bundle of energy on two legs.

After finding the eggs, Katie looked through her Tinkerbell Easter basket. She was most excited about the fairy house that was there. She checked to see if there were any fairies in it. When there weren't, we explained that we had to put the house outside and put flowers and plants around it to make Tinkerbell feel at home.

Later in the day, my mom and dad came over. A little later, Garyldine picked up Katie to take to her friends' house since they had an Easter basket for Katie. I wasn't there, but it looked like she had a good visit with her friend, Ella.

When Katie got home, she went on her outdoor Easter egg hunt, which she called her Treasure Hunt. She wanted to find more and more eggs but finally became satisfied in the six eggs she found. She came in and enjoyed a casual dinner and followed that with a much-deserved nap. It was a happy day!

I can't believe it! I just found an early Easter bunny present!

It's a bed for my baby!

Look at this!

I was happy to see that the blanket was soft just like my robe!

I can even rock the cradle!

This cute baby chick peeps when I hold it.

I figured out that it also peeps if I hold it on my forehead!

When I got up in the morning, I found an Easter egg in the couch cushions.

 This egg had candy in it!

I can't believe they let me eat some before I even had breakfast!

I saw my Easter basket waiting for me, but it waited until I found more eggs.

After egg hunting, I looked to see if there was a fairy in my fairy house.

 Later on, I found another egg in my kitchen!

Chloe checked out my fairy house while I hunted for more eggs.

When Chloe got done, I got my flashlight and looked for a fairy again.
My mom told me that we would move the house outside to let a fairy live in it.

Aunt Jennifer helped me open my dolls.

I can even move her wings!

Aunt Jennifer thought she saw the Easter bunny's relative hopping behind our house, so I looked for it too!

When Grandpa came over, I did a dancing Show-Show for him.

Then I waited outside for Garyldine to pick me up.

I always like to see babies, especially Ella!

I got to open up some more Easter eggs at Ella's house.

Thanks for my gifts, Nadia, Jason, and Ella! I love them!

I went outside to go on my "treasure hunt" when I got home.

Before I went inside, I counted all of my eggs.

I changed into more comfortable clothes and enjoyed my dinner…an Easter egg and broccoli!
Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment