Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Going on a Hike

A couple of weeks ago, my mom, sister, and I decided to take Katie on a hike. We chose an easier hike that included a waterfall, which we knew Katie would like. Although this wasn't Katie's first hike, it was her first hike where she did 100% of the walking by herself. She did such a good job for an hour and a half walk that was sometimes steep.

I've discovered that Katie has a small fear of heights. When she is going uphill, she wants to always hold someone's hand, and she doesn't really like to see how high we've climbed. Ever since our hike, I've gone on lots of pretend hikes with Katie and her dolls!

We started our hike with a view of one waterfall. 

I liked to look at the different plants on our hike. 

It was exciting to find a big snail on our trail. 

I saw a lot of "furry" trees. I liked them, but I wouldn't touch them when my mom offered to let me. 

I got excited when I saw the first bridge coming up on our trail. 

Bridges were the one spot that I didn't have to hold someone's hand. 

We started to see a tall waterfall in the distance. 

I really liked feeling the mist and the breeze that waterfalls create. 

We found lots of interesting trees. Aunt Jennifer liked to explore them with me. 

Flowers always interest me! 

It's fun to just take the time to appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment