Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Dance in Review

Katie's love of dance continues. She really enjoyed her classes this summer. Like always, she liked ballet better than tap, but she was excited about both. It was a good experience for her to adjust to a new teacher, but she was also very excited when her former teacher was a substitute one week. During the first two weeks, Katie's class was really full, so the class was broken into two smaller classes. After the split, Katie's new class alternated between two and four students, which meant she got lots of individual attention and help. It was great! (All of the videos except the last one were filmed outside of the studio, so you don't hear much other than the other moms talking.)

When the summer started, I had a lot of kids in my class! 

In a short while, my class was small. I liked it! 

We had fun practicing together. 

I was excited to see Ms. Moriah again!

This summer, I got pretty good at riding my air bicycle. 

We got to practice a lot in front of the mirror. 

We practiced different positions. 

I like to follow my teacher. 

It was a good summer of learning!

My jumps and balance kept getting better!

I learned a new way to bow.

This video summarizes my summer. My head is just the right height to hit everything in its way.

This was one of our ballet dances we learned.

We practiced leaping like ballerinas! My friend and I didn't look quite like our teachers, but we sure had fun!

This was the tap dance that we performed for our parents on the last day of our class.

No comments:

Post a Comment