Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Relaxing After the Dentist

Katie has developed a strong liking of her dentists. They treat her so well. I can't say enough good things about them. However, her last visit was a little stressful - mostly due to the timing. On the day of her appointment, the office called to see if I could come in an hour earlier. I agreed without thinking that I would have to wake up Katie from her nap. She cried all the way to the dentist. "I don't want to go!"

After the short drive there, Katie was still crying and resisting, so I took her on a walk around the parking lot. It didn't do any good. I spent as much time as I could trying to calm her down, but eventually I had to just pick her up and carry her into the office. By the time we walked in, Katie wasn't crying but didn't want to be there.

Luckily, they were running a few minutes late. Katie was able to play with the train set and watch a bit of Frozen, which got her ready for her appointment. It was a longer appointment, and I was so proud of Katie - especially knowing how the whole adventure started.

When we got home, Katie saw her pool and just wanted to get in and relax. How could I say no after her day?

I love my dentists, but... 

…I was so glad to be back home, relaxing in my pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment