Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Princess Dance Camp

After Katie's summer dance classes ended, I decided to sign her up for a three-day Princess Dance Camp. I looked at it in two ways. 1. I knew Katie loved dancing, princesses, and her summer dance teacher who was teaching the class, so I knew it would be fun for her. 2. I looked at it as an experiment to see how she'd handle longer periods being away from me since Pre-School is coming very soon.

The camp consisted of dancing, story time/snack, arts and crafts, and more dancing each day. Everything was related to princesses. Over the three days, Katie got to focus on Elsa, Anna, Ariel, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Tiana, and Merida. On the last day, the class had a small performance to show some of what they had learned.

Katie really enjoyed the classes, but she was so tired by the end of day three. Even with the tiredness, I'm glad she had the experience of going and she did well. She truly loves going to the dance studio. Her teachers make dancing so much fun. She has continued to ask me each night which princess she gets to focus on next.

I was packed up and ready to go on day one. My mom let me pack my things in my school backpack, so I'd get used to it for school. 

We were excited to put on a show. 

I like to stand in my ballet positions. 

My friend and I were the youngest ones at the dance camp. 

We got to practice walking with balloons to help us learn arm positions. 

For our last dance, we got to use the wands that we decorated.

This was when I got a turn to walk in my ballet position.

No comments:

Post a Comment