Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Coloring

Katie has been able to use markers and crayons for quite awhile, but she has never had a strong interest in using them until lately. I got her a coloring book full of cats, and she loves to color in it. She likes it best when an adult colors next to her. She watches the adult color and then usually adds her coloring to the picture.

Katie has quickly learned how to take the top off of her markers and put them back on, and I have quickly learned to have a wet paper towel or rag next to me to wipe off the furniture when Katie's markers slip off her book.  She loves markers even more than crayons. I'm not so sure I do though!

As I watch her color, I keep trying to see if she favors one hand over another. She never shows a preference - at least not yet. It's the same with eating. She switches back and forth from using her left hand to her right hand.

One morning, Katie was just playing with her bag of markers and crayons while she was on my lap. I never heard her remove a marker cap, but when I put her down, she had a suspicious purple chin.

Why are you looking at me like that? 

What should I add next? 

I think this red will look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment