Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Could Diving Be Her Future?

Awhile back, Jennifer taught Katie how to climb up on the furniture and fling herself off into the waiting arms of an adult. Katie had no fear about that whatsoever and quickly began flinging herself here and there. Every time she left the furniture into her free fall, she's shout out in glee.

Since I've never been quite as daring as Jennifer or Katie, I was always somewhat nervous about Katie doing this. Katie has a little routine to her diving. She climbs up on the furniture. She starts doing a little dance. She walks to the edge, puts her arms in the air, and flies!  It can be fun to watch when I know an adult is right there to catch her, but it's scary when there is no adult even close, and I see Katie start her dance from across the room. I dart across the room, hoping to catch her before she falls. So far…no accidents.

We knew she liked diving off the furniture, but during the recent Olympics, we also learned that she likes watching diving on TV. She watched the divers with strict attention, and clapped and cheered every time they went in the water.  Oh wait, sometimes she didn't do that - she couldn't do that when she was helping Winnie the Pooh clap and cheer.

I tried to get a picture of one of Katie's dives, but I missed the dive itself. I'll keep trying to capture it!

I have to do my dance to get ready! 

I'm getting ready, Aunt Jennifer! 

Hmmm…maybe I should try the chair next!

No comments:

Post a Comment