Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, August 31, 2012

More Blackberry Fun

I went out with Jennifer to do some more blackberry picking this week. I was in charge of Katie and Chloe, so Jennifer did 99% of the blackberry picking while I pointed at spots that looked like they had lots of good berries. I'm sure Jennifer appreciated my helpful advice!

Katie had fun watching the berries being picked and enjoying the outdoors and talked and sang to Jennifer the whole time we were out there.

Katie had three discoveries on the walk:
1. Blackberry bushes are sharp and prickly. They scratch her arms, and they tear out Chloe's hair when she gets stuck in them.
2. Chloe gets messy when she walks through weeds.
3. Her Aunt Jennifer is willing to climb up a lot higher and a lot farther back into the blackberry bushes than her mom.
4. Snakes can move pretty fast and make a nice hissing sound.

I see you Aunt Jennifer! Don't get poked by the branches! 

Chloe's Back after Going through the Weeds 

Oh my gosh! Look at Chloe's back! 

I can't believe how high Aunt Jennifer went. I wish I could go up there. 

This is the first snake I have ever seen! 

Look at it move! Hiss! Hiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment