Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Aunt Jennifer!

Jennifer's birthday was on Friday, so we celebrated by going to our county fair.  Garyldine joined us part way through the day. Katie loved seeing the animals, of course. She saw cows to moo at, pigs to oink at, cats to meow at, dogs to bark at, and horses to try to neigh at. It was a lot of excitement. Katie had the opportunity to pet a horse, but she wasn't interested in doing that yet. She just wanted to observe and enjoy.

After a very crowded and very hot lunch, we went back home to a surprise. Jennifer's friend, Michele, had decorated the front lawn with birthday decorations. For anyone who knows Jennifer, it was pretty funny that Michele chose a princess theme. Katie loved the princess things though. She had lots of fun waving her wand and wearing the princess skirt.  Happy birthday, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing your gifts with Katie!

 Look at all of those cows behind me!

It's always fun to toss my head back and moo. 

I wish we could take that cow home. 

There's a great big fan right in front of me!  I like how it feels. 

Wow! I found some balloon animals! 

What is this? What noise does it make? When I don't know, I always just moo. 

I think I see the Dock Dogs over there. It's funny when they jump in the water! 

My Self-Portrait 

I'm so happy to see Garyldine! 

What are all of these things in our yard?

I love this wand! 

I wonder if the piñata will open if I hit it with my wand. 

Nothing is better than a balloon for a princess! 

I love blueberries and this wand, but what is on my head?

Chloe Enjoying the Tiara 

Now what's on my head? 

Why does Chloe get to wear the princess skirt? I want to wear that. 

What a great day!
(That's Winnie the Pooh who is all wrapped up in Katie's arms. She thought she was funny to hide her Pooh Bear from us! It was so funny to her that she fell on the floor laughing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment