Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

June Lake

We went hiking at June Lake this week, which is close to Mt. St. Helen's. Although Katie has walked on parts of hiking trails, she has never participated in a full-blown hike. June Lake seemed like a good place to give hiking a shot with her. It's a hike that's about two miles in each direction. We took turns carrying Katie for part of the walk, but she walked a lot of it on her own. When we reached the lake, she enjoyed walking through some of the ash that was close by. It probably felt pretty good on her feet. At first, Katie didn't seem all that happy up there, but she warmed up pretty quickly and had fun in the end.

About to Begin - Don't they know that I really, really don't like hats! 

I'll let Grandma wear my hat instead! 

I think we made it. I'm not sure if I like it here or not. 

I found some pretty yellow flowers to pick. This place is getting better! 

I put all of my flowers on the log for you, Grandma. There's a flower stuck on my hand though. 

I can't believe I have dirty hands. I don't like dirty hands! 

Thanks for cleaning my hand! This is a fun way to get clean hands! 
(Katie went on to want her hand washed about 10 more times. Touch dirt. Get hand cleaned. Touch wood. Get hand cleaned and on and on.) 

Look at this path I can walk through. If I hold my arms in tight, the branches won't hit me! 

Those are tall trees up there!
(Katie kept pointing to the tall trees on the hills next to us. Then she would hold her hands up in the air to show us how tall the trees were. It was all pretty exciting for her.) 

I love you, Grandma! 

What else can I look at? 

Look! A waterfall! 

One of the waterfalls Katie found was through the trees. 

This is peaceful. 

I found a whole bunch of rocks on the way back. I had to turn them over before the trip home. 

Nothing beats putting your face on the air conditioner vent after a hot day in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment