Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Picking Blackberries

Summer always comes to an end way too quickly. There are hard things about summer ending like having to go back to work after spending a couple of months at home with Katie. However, we found a good thing to celebrate about this time of year…fresh blackberries.

After a day of meetings for work, I took Katie outside to pick blackberries. We're lucky to have wild blackberry bushes running alongside our house.  I thought Katie would be part of the experience, but I didn't think she would pick many berries since the bushes are so prickly. However, after she got one taste of the berries, she wanted to pick some herself. It turned into a delicious blackberry-eating night for her!

Here's a rock for you before we start! 

Wow! A whole cupful of berries! 

These are delicious! 

Here I come to help, Grandma! 

Do you mind if I hold your leg, so I don't fall into the bush? 

Look at this berry treasure! 

No one will notice if I just eat them instead of putting them in the cup. 

I'll take those! 

I have a mouthful of berries! 

Everyone should try these!

No comments:

Post a Comment