Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Gingerbread House

Every year at school, my students make gingerbread houses with their parents right before our December break. My teaching partner, Michelle, convinced me to take home some leftover supplies to make a gingerbread house with Katie.

I didn't know how Katie would react to it - mostly because she doesn't like messy hands, and making gingerbread houses usually creates messy hands. We had a lot of fun though. Katie did get concerned a few times over frosting on her fingers, but she got through it and had a lot more fun than concern. Thanks for making me take home the supplies, Michelle!

I'm not sure what all of this is for, but it seems like fun! 

I got frosting on my fingers! Get it off please! 

I'll just move this really slowly. 

There! It sticks! 

That was so exciting that I have to clap for myself! 

Here goes another side! 

I'll just take a minute for a treat! 

I'll unwrap this chocolate to use. 

I decided to eat the chocolate instead. Now my fingers have chocolate on them! 

I'm adding more candy! 

My mom had these pretty blue sprinkles. I poured them all in a big pile! 

I liked dropping marshmallows by the handful! 

Just putting on the final touches.

My final product looks great! 

This was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment