Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Decorations

I had wondered what Katie would be like with Christmas decorations this year. Last year, she used to lie down on her tummy in front of the tree and stare at the lights. This year, I assumed she might be more interested in removing the ornaments from the tree. Since putting the tree up, Katie points at it and tries to repeat "tree," but she doesn't go close to the tree on her own. A couple of times, she has been scared of the tree. I'm not sure if she thinks it's something alive or if it's something else. We'll see what happens as she becomes more accustomed to it.

Katie has two favorite Christmas decorations. One of her favorites is a music box shaped like a grand piano. When you lift the keyboard cover, music plays and two snowmen twirl around on the top of the piano. Katie loves, loves, loves to play the music and watch the snowmen. She also pretends to play the piano with the music.

Look at this piano, Winnie! 

I'll just try to play the keyboard. 

By the next morning, I was an expert!

Her other favorite decoration is an advent calendar that one of the parents at my school made for me last year. It's shaped like a tree and has little drawers for small treats or small gifts that can be pulled out each day. Needless to say, the advent calendar usually has all of the drawers pulled out at all times.

I love this thing. I also love to say, "Ho, ho, ho!" at Santa! 

It has the perfect-sized boxes for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment