Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Taking the Tricycle Outside

After seeing her tricycle out the front door, Katie wanted so badly to take it for a spin. She would point to the tricycle and say, "Please, please, please!"  We waited for the rare, dry day and took Katie to try it out.

The only hard part of getting Katie ready was getting her helmet on her head.  As I've mentioned before, Katie doesn't typically like things on her head unless it's her idea. I told her if she wanted to ride her tricycle outside, she needed a helmet.  I tried putting it on, and the straps were too long. I shortened them a bit, and then it was even harder putting the helmet on the second time. I finally got it on, and it felt tight enough. Katie immediately tried to take it back off until I distracted her by telling her we were going outside to ride the tricycle. 

Katie had so much fun outside. The only hard part about the whole thing (other than the helmet) was trying to get her off the tricycle when it was time to go home. She wrapped her legs tightly around her tricycle, so I couldn't lift her off. (Smart girl!)  Eventually, she got off the tricycle, and when she went inside, she proudly pointed to the helmet to show Grandma her, "Hat! Hat!" 

I went to check out the pictures. It was then that I had to laugh at her helmet. I was so proud to get it on her head, but the pictures showed me how crooked the helmet was. I guess her mom needs to figure out how to work a bicycle helmet!

This is so much fun!

 I think I'm doing pretty good with Aunt Jennifer pushing me!

Let's just keep going and going! 

My helmet isn't even bothering me! 

My helmet feels a little crooked though. 

Thanks for my tricycle, Aunt Debby!

No comments:

Post a Comment