Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Gift from Aunt Debby

Debby sent Katie a gift that she had gotten awhile ago. It was a butterfly costume, and Katie loved it right away. She was especially happy that it came with a wand - "a magic wand." (We've been hearing a lot of abracadabras!)  Once Katie tried on the costume, she couldn't hold still. She ran through the house over and over trying to get Chloe to dance.

It wasn't long before bath time when Katie put the costume on, so she was sad when it was time to take it off. As soon as her bath was over, she went downstairs, and wanted her costume back on. It went right over the top of her pajamas - beautiful. That night Katie was sure to point out her costume to anyone who would listen. "See my pretty dress. Pretty sparkles!"

I loved my costume, but I also loved the packaging! This became my new place to draw. The first thing I did though was trace my beautiful, new wand.

It tickled when Aunt Jennifer put my wings on. 

I love to sparkle! 

It's so much fun to get presents! 

I posed in my costume after my bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment