Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

An Overheard Conversation

Katie had invited me to sit with her at her table the other morning, and she had looked out our sliding glass door to see that there were a couple of bugs on the outside of the door. In case I haven't mentioned it, Katie really doesn't like bugs. In fact, when she has looked out of the window at dinner time and seen bugs, she's been known to duck beneath and hide under the table. We tell her the bugs are outside, but she doesn't seem to think that makes a difference. Anyway, she had a funny conversation with the two bugs she saw on our back door. As soon as she was done, I wrote it down, so I wouldn't forget.

"Excuse me, bugs. Ummm…please move away from my house. Away from my door. It's just me. Please don't talk to me, bugs. Go away now…please!"

I thought it was a very polite request!

Go away now!

No comments:

Post a Comment