Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween Pajamas

Back in September, I bought Katie some Halloween pajamas. I thought they were cute in a Halloween-sort-of-a way, so I was excited to put Katie in them. As I put them on her the first time, she started crying because they scared her. She recovered pretty quickly from her fear and went on with her night.

Then we went upstairs to go to bed, and when Katie entered the dark hallway, we discovered that the eyes glowed in the dark. The fear came back, and Katie quickly covered up the glowing eyes with her hands. She kept the eyes covered up the whole night, and when she got up in the morning and entered a room with lights, she would slowly uncover the eyes and peek under her hands. When she saw they weren't glowing anymore, the hands came down.

Her routine of covering up the glowing eyes has continued each time she has worn the pajamas, but now I think it's more of a game to her than being scared. In fact, she actually chose to wear her Halloween pajamas the other night over her cat pajamas, so she must like them!

These are my Halloween pajamas. 

I'm in the dark hallway, so I have to keep the eyes covered up. 

Are they glowing? 

Yes they are! 

Gotta get them covered up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment