Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

My mom's birthday was yesterday, and Katie was happy to have another reason to celebrate in the house. Not long after Katie woke up in the morning, we talked about the special day, and I asked Katie what presents she wanted to give to her grandma. She took some time to think, and then she proudly exclaimed, "An orange!…And uh….uh….uh…a purple horse!" Unfortunately for my mom, I wasn't able to find her a purple horse, but she got to enjoy the retell of the conversation anyway.

Garyldine came over, and we all went to lunch. Later in the day, my mom unwrapped her gifts and had dessert.

I let Katie wrap her own gift for my mom. She took a long piece of paper, and rolled her rather small gift over and over and taped it at the end. She had so much fun wrapping and giving the gift that she decided to keep wrapping and giving. She'd take the leftover wrapping paper and wrap a new gift by herself - usually one of her trains. Then she'd take it over to my mom and say, "Surprise! Here's a present! Happy Birthday, Gaga!"

I didn't want to take a nap today, but this is the position I ended up in under the table. 

I'm not tired though. Really. I promise.

My cousin, Ian, turn 1 on Friday. He celebrated his birthday yesterday too. I got to see him on Face Time, and I sang a pretty quiet Happy Birthday to him. 

I decided to try Gaga's lava cake. 

It was pretty good stuff! 

I'm not always used to this much chocolate. 

I was excited to watch Gaga open my gift for her. 

I was so excited that I decided to help her. 

She liked her new iPad cord! 

I kept taking her new gifts. She loved unwrapping them! 

After gifts, I spent some time trying to "paint" Gaga's new ironing board with a spatula!
Happy Birthday, Gaga!

No comments:

Post a Comment