Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

For the first time, Katie was part of the pumpkin carving experience. In the past, Garyldine had carved the pumpkins and brought them to our house, but I thought Katie would like to be involved this year since she loves to help with everything. We invited Garyldine to come over to help with the carving since it's definitely not my talent. Katie helped where she could and was happy to see a cat's face appear on her pumpkin at the end of the process. Thanks, Garyldine!

First, I had to help draw a pattern for the "lid." 

I got to use a butter knife to retrace the lines that had already been cut. 

It was sure hard to pry the top open. 

Finally! 

Gaga showed me how to scoop out the seeds with her hands. I still used a spoon! 

There's more to a pumpkin than what I thought.

We're nearing the end of the seeds! 

Enough scooping for me. I'll just draw on our carving pattern instead. 

Garyldine helped me poke some of the holes in the pumpkin. 

While my mom and Garyldine kept working, I decided to clean up our pumpkin lid. 

Time to wash the front off. 

I love my pumpkin cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment