Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Special Castle

Katie was supposed to make a castle out of a box and take it to her last music class of the season. Since I was busy preparing for the end of my school year, Garyldine was kind enough to take on the project for me. Needless to say, the castle looked so much better than it ever would have, had I done it! Thank you, Garyldine and Aunt Jody!

First, Garyldine covered the box in foil and drew brick shapes. 

She didn't think it looked enough like bricks, so then Aunt Jody put individual pieces of wrinkled foil on the top of the bricks. 

Then the details started getting added. 

Bit by bit, the castle grew.

This was the castle when Garyldine was done. 

I dressed up with the theme of the day.

We posed for a picture before we went to my class.

My teacher liked the castle.

I got Garyldine a special tiara for the occasion that she wore all day. 

I didn't leave Aunt Jody out either. 

Afterwards, we went to see Jim at the store. 

It was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment