Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Entertaining in Pajamas

Awhile back, I had bought Katie a nightgown to see if she liked them. She put it on one night and then decided she wanted her regular pajamas back. Time passed, and she never wanted to wear the nightgown again. Then one night after a late bath, Katie wanted to wear her Cinderella costume. I thought I was really smart and I said, "It's too late to put that gown on, but you have a nightgown that you can wear all night." I showed it to her, and I was so happy when she was excited to wear it because it would save me the work of putting on all the parts of her costume, just to take them off again in a few minutes.

Katie put the nightgown on, and right away, she began to curtsy and twirl to try out the princess-like qualities of the gown. She loved the nightgown so much that she didn't want to change out of it the next day and then wore it night after night after night. Eventually I had to buy a second nightgown to be able to trade off with something.  My really smart idea I had didn't feel so smart when I saw the same nightgown over and over and over.

About five days after discovering her "beautiful night ball gown," Kai was coming over for a play date while Kathy and Jennifer did some work together. As I was trying to get Katie dressed, I heard, "I have to wear my gown. Kai loves pink, and he loves ball gowns!" Eventually, I just let her wear it, and on that day, she finally got dressed at 1:00.

I was waiting for Kai to come to my house. I decided to add wings to my beautiful gown. 

I had everything set up for him, so I called him on my phone to see where he was. 

When he got to my house, we cooked eggs - or at least the shells. 

Then we had tea and snacks. 

I let Kai play with Ariel while I played with Cinderella. 

Then I read to Kai while he made coffee. 

Kai really liked my Ariel camera. 

We put two coins in my play toaster, and then they wouldn't come out. We both tried to get them out. 

We made some time for Peek-a-Boo. 

Then we hid from my mom behind the curtains. I don't know how she found us! 

I love when Mary Poppins catches a bird on her fingers, so Kai and I held spatulas out my window to see if birds would land on them. 

 When we didn't catch birds, we pretended to paint the kitchen with the spatulas. Kai's spatula accidentally hit my face, but since he can't say "I'm sorry" yet, I told him that, "I feel sorry for me, so you don't have to!"

Then I hugged him, so he knew I forgave him. 

Even though he didn't look happy in his picture, he was happy when he found my flowered purse. 

I hugged him again just because I like to hug him. 

While we played, we washed all of the towels in my washing machine and dried them in my microwave. Then we threw them on the floor to walk on them. 

I showed Kai my microphone, but he didn't sing a song for me yet. 

I even let him put on my prized shell necklace. 

While Kai was busy putting on the necklace, I played with my zoo.
Thanks for coming over, Kai! I can't wait for you to see my blue nightgown!

No comments:

Post a Comment