Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Winning a Raffle

When Katie had come to school with me on her Gotcha Day, she had entered in a raffle to win a planter. The following day, I found out she had won the raffle. My very generous co-worker not only gave her the planter, but also gave her a bonus decoration, and some wildflower seeds to put in it.

We finally got around to planting the seeds. I've decided that with as much as Katie likes planting and watering, it would be really nice to live in a spot with enough room for a garden, but we make do with what we have.

Katie has been waiting patiently for flowers to pop up, but we might be waiting for a long time since we have begun finding animal footprints in the soil. We are currently blaming the rabbits.

After my mom put some soil and our decoration in the planter, I got to smooth out the soil. 

I thought I was all done with the planting. 

What is my mom opening? 

It was the seeds. They didn't look like pretty flowers to me! 

I decided to try to pick up the seeds, and... 

 …scatter them into the solid. I put about half of the seeds in one place, and them my mom helped me scatter the others.

I didn't want to bury the seeds and get my hands dirty, so my mom helped me. 

I was happy to get my watering can. 

I hope the flowers come up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment